What good is a landing page?
A landing page is a special type of web page focused on conversion (getting a user to take a desired action - such as buy an item or sign up for your mailing list). There are many upsides to landing pages; they're specific, serve a singular purpose, and typically cost a lot less than a full website.
You can promote them through SEM and other cost effective digital marketing, then make a new one and do the same! It's almost like a turn-key operation. If you decide you want to make a custom site, most of the work performed here can be tranferred over into your larger online presence.
Landing pages are still technically websites.
If all you have is a landing page, that's all your customers will see. This is both good and bad.
- By focusing on one page, you can make it perfect.
- One high quality landing page is better than multiple mediocre pages.
- You have more flexibility: each can be suited to 1 unique offer.
- You have many of the same perks as a full site (email, domain name, etc.).
- A limited online presence means less power to rank.
- You'll likely have to subsidize organic traffic with promotion.
- You must limit the amount of information available (to be effective).
If you feel like a single page may not accomplish everything you need, I highly recommend going with a custom website instead. You'll receive much more flexibility in price, design, and content than I can provide with any of the Starter Website packages.